I don’t understand the logic that whoever is calmest in an argument is winning and that somehow anger invalidates your words. I mean I can argue that your great aunt’s name is Jihinksenbob for an hour straight and be perfectly fine. It’s very easy to be calm when the topic doesn’t affect you personally or you just don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.
"We live in a world where losing your phone is more dramatic than losing your virginity"
Um ok but I don’t recall my virginity having 16 GB of memory with all my contacts, music, photos, calendars, and apps or costing over $200.
my phone is an expensive and important material object and not a useless social construct put in place to shame and commodify women
Yo, White person selling overpriced shit on Etsy…
1. Your store name contains a slur. Well done there.
2. This “Indian chief portrait” is almost $500, which you envision as the profit owed to you for ‘creating it’.
3. You found the original image of the Oglala Lakota leader Red Cloud by searching “old indian chief” on Google Images. And you did an awful job of reproducing it.
4. You dare to sell his likeness to go along with some “cool tribal pillows” that bastardize and monetize legitimate traditional arts and cultures.
5. Makhpiya-Luta (Red Cloud) spent his entire life fighting to maintain the integrity of his Nation against the constant assault of White American forces. Your attempt to make money off of his image is a fully-wrought colonial act, made possible by your racist disregard for Native peoples and the history of the land you live on.
You should burn your painting out of respect for the man it defames.
this that white bullshit
Within the United States of America:
- Only 12 states require sex education to be medically accurate.
- Only 19 states require information on condoms and contraception.
- Only 12 states require sexual orientation to be covered. Out of those, only 9 states require it to be inclusive.
- 3 states require only negative information on sexual orientation.
- 22 states are not required to provide information on healthy decision making or on avoiding coercion.
I want a boyfriend. :( I actually feel really lonely lately. I just want to have that connection with someone again as well as that overwhelming attraction… Sigh… My last relationship ended pretty badly and it went from being almost perfect to a complete nightmare from one day to the next… And now I just want that again. This would all be so much easier if G-Dragon would just marry me, sigh. Hahaha I guess the passing of my birthday yesterday and not being able to have a special partner there made me a little sad. I feel lonely even with people around me. Hopefully this will be resolved soon? :’(
I’m tired of seeing white people treating poor countries as if they were their very special emotional playground.
Racists travel to under developed countries under the guise of ‘appreciating their culture’ or ‘searching for themselves’ (whatever that means) or any other seemingly thoughtful premise.. They enjoy the ‘exotic’ foods, marvel at the ‘exotic’ landscapes, snap photos (without asking first) of those very ‘exotic’ natives.
They have profound revelations about how in the western world we have much more commodities than necessary, and how these poor rural simpletons are so happy with the little they own, cause they’re blissful savages, much less complex than the average white US citizen.
Some of them even manage to say utterly disrespectful stuff (e.g.’oh look at these people living in the middle of nowhere’ (cameron diaz) or that ‘they defecate in the woods ‘hunched like animals’ (drew barrymore) and the worst part is, they don’t even seem to realize.
… Then they go back to their countries, with a serious white savior complex, and show all their relatives photos those wonderful, smiling exotic natives, just before complaining about illegal immigrants taking all their jobs.
I actually really miss school. I can’t wait to start college and get my juices flowing again. I’m always so happy learning under all that stress and anxiety. I like exercising my brain, meeting new people, and involving myself in new stuff. I’m excited for myself, who I’m going to start growing into and what I’ll learn. I actually can’t wait to start having discussions in class and listening to professors, writing papers, chatting with friends, experiencing new things. Now that I’ve written all of this down, I actually feel a bit more nervous than excited! August 28th. Yeah!!
I’m also going to be starting school with a brand new nose piercing and a new hair color. I’m planning on letting my hair grow long for once. It should be nice. I’ll feel like a more refreshed me!